IAHR-Hohai Scholarship for PhD Program-2020
Hohai University (HHU) is the pioneer and leading institution in Chinese higher education in water engineering. Its discipline of Hydraulic Engineering ranks No. 1 nationwide and its discipline of Environmental Science and Engineering is also very highly ranked among Chinese universities. The International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research (IAHR), founded in 1935, is a worldwide independent member-based organization of over four thousand engineers and water specialists working in fields related to the hydro-environmental sciences and their practical application.
The IAHR-Hohai Collaborative Committee wishes to promote a scholarship program called “One Hundred Outstanding Students Pursuing Degrees at Hohai University” among IAHR members. The Committee will offer “IAHR-Hohai Scholarships” to selected international (i.e. non-Chinese) students to pursue their PhD degrees in the hydro-environment area at Hohai University.
Details of the IAHR-Hohai Scholarships offers are as outlined below:
PhD programs for international students taught in English will be managed in accordance with the Hohai University English-speaking graduates’ programs.
1. College of Hydrology and Water Resources
2. College of Water Conservancy and Hydropower Engineering
3. College of Harbour, Coastal and Off-shore Engineering
4. College of Civil and Transportation Engineering
5. College of Environment
Education Duration for PhD Programs
Hohai University follows a flexible schooling system. The standard duration of the Doctoral program is 4 years; the minimum duration is 3 years and the maximum is 6 years.
Doctoral applicants should possess a masters degree or its equivalent. All applicants should be registered as IAHR student members.
Until Aug.15th, 2020.
Complete an online application at http://admission.hhu.edu.cn.
Applicants should not send hard copies to the Admission Office.
1. Scanned copy of your passport, which should be valid at least until August 30, 2021;
2. Scanned copy of any pages in your passport showing existing China-related visas;
3. Certificate of your Masters (or equivalent diploma) degree – scanned original or notarized; in Chinese or English. Those expected to graduate shall provide proof of graduation;
4. Degree/Diploma transcripts, scanned original or notarized version, in Chinese or English;
5. English language proficiency certificate (IELTS, GRE, TOFEL);
6. A personal statement including your personal experience, any professional background and proposed research area in 400-800 words；
7. The abstract and table of contents of any research thesis;
8. Two recommendation letters from professors;
9. Health report, the template is attached.
The Scholarship covers tuition, accommodation, comprehensive insurance and a monthly allowance of 3500RMB.
Admission and Announcement
Enrolment decisions will take into account the educational background, courses and scores, any publications, study plan, etc. Hohai University will contact only those candidates who are accepted for admittance and will send out the admission notices and visa forms.
Visa Application and Registration
Those who are accepted for admittance shall submit the admission notice, visa application for studying in China (JW201/202 Form), physical report and blood test report to their local Chinese Embassy or Consulate in order to apply for a student (X1) visa to China. The applicant shall register at Hohai University within the appointed time given on the admission notice. Accepted applicants who do not provide the required degree certificates as proof of graduation will not have their acceptance.
Add: No.1, Xikang Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China
Zip Code: 210098
Tel: +86 25 83787955
Some online application instructions:
1. Please enter from the self-sponsored portal
2. If you don’t have any Chinese related visa, please upload your passport again.
3. Please write the IAHR-Hohai Collaborative Committee as the guarantor in China.
You can download Foreigner Physical Examination Form by clicking Download Now button.